Current AT&T users grandfathered with unlimited data, what are our options?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kendo, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Kendo macrumors 68000

If you are grandfathered in with the unlimited data plan with AT&T, are we allowed to buy the iPhone 4S from Apple and simply transfer our existing plan to the new phone? Of if we sign a new two year contract, would it be taken away?

What options do we have available?

2. mlukens macrumors member

Yes you will be fine but will have to sign the two year agreement.

ATT seems really good about their grandfathering policy, I work with a guy who has had ATT service (or one of the companies they merged with) since the early/mid 90s and has an unlimited talk plan that is super cheap (like 30-40 bucks) and when he upgraded to an iPhone they still let him keep it just had to add the data of course.

3. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

I know I will be on my corporate account but not sure yet on my family plan phones though the unlimited data has rolled through all previous hardware changes.

4. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I find it rather absurd at how these cant already be answered with pre-order a day away

I talked to several AT&T people today only to be told by EVERYONE that come the pre-order, I would need to sign in and "see" if I would be able to keep my unlimited.

Huh?

How about you all just let us know...idiots

5. Kendo thread starter macrumors 68000

Interesting. I had thought that signing a new two year contract means you have to sign a new contract with whatever options are available from AT&T today.

Hopefully the two year contract just means that you have to continue to be an AT&T customer by being billed every month for 2 more years, and has nothing to do with choosing current plans.

6. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

Sure would suck if they decided not to let us.

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yes. When I went from 3GS to 4 the only thing that changed was my contract period. My plan stayed in tact.

8. hashholly macrumors 6502

If you go through the apple store online, once you put in your AT&T account info, it will show you your current plan options, and your able to click through to continue ordering. (so if you have unlimited, you can keep unlimited). This is how it worked last go around, I don't anticipate it being different now.