Current Cingular contract doesn't expire in time...?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BrittQ, May 25, 2007.

1. BrittQ macrumors regular

I searched the forum but couldn't find an answer.

My current Cingular contract expires June 29th. If the iPhone comes out before then, will I be able to get the 599 2 year contract price some how? Or do I just have to wait until the 29th.

I know its not that much longer, but who wants to wait longer... I will be going out of town at the end of June and want it to play with (and get on the internet) when I am gone.

Thanks.

2. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

you don't have to wait until your contract expires. every time i've gotten a new phone with cingular, they simply *extend* my contract another two years. you should be able to get the contract price as long as you agree to 2 more years with cinular/at&t. this has no bearing on the end date of your current contract.

3. alep85 macrumors regular

alep85

This also given the fact there are to be no subsidies on the iPhone leads me to believe the second guy is also right. They'll probably just extend your contract 2 years regardless of whether you had an upgrade available or not.

4. sportsfanMAW macrumors regular

well either way your lucky because it comes out june 29th! lol

What luck!

5. ryano144 macrumors newbie

So if my contract isn't up for another year, they'll extend it to 3 years? I'm not sure because at the end of the new ads it said with a New 2 year activation.

6. sportsfanMAW macrumors regular

well if you've read the forums on here its all speculation, but people have been guessing that you'll just extend your contract for another two years.

7. weeman macrumors 6502

SWEET! My contract ends in September and I was stressin on what to do from July-September without my iPhone. I am one happy camper now :)

8. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

You can actually extend your contract (tack on another 2 years) with any phone through Cingular. The only one that would be worth it, however, is of course the iPhone. :)

9. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah, i'm kinda in the same situation. i sure hope this is true also

10. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

No, instead of your contract being up in one year, it wouldn't be up for two years (from the day you sign the new contract).