Current Cingular Subscriber.....What Fees???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skythefly13, Jun 25, 2007.

1. skythefly13 macrumors 6502

I am a current cingular/at&t user, and am wondering what fees I will be hit with when I get the iPhone. Any ideas? Ive seen stuff about an equipment upgrade fee (What the h*ll is the point of that?), but thats all. Hmmm

These last few days will take FOREVER!!!

2. rayward macrumors 68000

You need to check to see if your account is eligible for an upgrade. There's a prominent link for this on your account page on their website. If you are - great! No fees. If not, you will have to buy out your old contract, and that all depends on what it is and how new it is.

3. applehero macrumors 6502

It has not been confirmed that there is a contract buyout. More reports have come in saying there is not a buyout, I have been told no buyout by my at&t store, and several others I've contacted. Typically when you want a new phone and you're under contract, there is no penalty, you just pay a higher price for equipment, this should be no different with the exception of the higher price, the phone is what it is.

4. skythefly13 thread starter macrumors 6502

What I thought

I am currently about 8 months into my contract, so no upgrade unfortunately.

I've been seeing alot of stuff about just purchasing the phone straight up for $599, hopefully they come out with the info soon, all this stuff is killing me!

5. wakka092 macrumors 6502

wakka092

I called my local AT&T store, listened to the iPhone recording, and selected sales, etc.

I asked if I can upgrade one line of my family plan to the iPhone. She said yes, with a $18.50 upgrade fee. She proceeded to say the iPhones run $599 - $699.

:eek:

She was horribly misinformed.. :(

6. cmschmidt macrumors 6502

another fine example of why we should not listen to anything employees say. chances are we'll know all the info here before a majority of them know anything. i doubt some att employees will even know anything next week after the phones already been on sale for a week. :rolleyes:

7. mlukens macrumors member

Why would anyone sign a 2 year contract if they could just buy it for the same price out-right?

8. skythefly13 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well....It's required to use the phone?