Current cMBP not waking from sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SimonUK5, Oct 12, 2013.

1. SimonUK5 macrumors 6502

2. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I've never seen the last couple of flashes, but I'm very familiar up to that point. My mid-2009 MBP has been doing the same thing for years. Apple and an authorized service provider haven't been able to offer any answers. It happens often enough that almost every time I hard restart it, I fry my SATA cable. It's actually currently shut down in that state, and I'm waiting for the refresh.

If you have AppleCare, take it in! If you can get the issue to replicate in the store they might be able to figure it out. Unfortunately for me the only thing they've done is replace my SATA cable and HDD a few times. Good luck!

3. SimonUK5 thread starter macrumors 6502

Cant replicate it even if i try! I think my best bet is it keep recording it when it happens to i can show its not a one off thing.

4. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Yeah replicating it for the geniuses was my problem. Got it to happen once a few months ago, and they still just replaced my hard drive and cable. It was fine for a few weeks and then it came back again. I wish I could give you better news, but I've been dealing with this for two years and haven't gotten it resolved.