Current customer cost...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MattyMac, Jul 6, 2008.

1. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Last year the iPhone plan included a seperate category for current ATT customers upgrading to iPhone. Simply $20 for the data plan plus whatever text message plan you're getting above and beyond the 200. I am on a family plan so I had an extra cost of $30 (data and 1500 messages).

My question is come friday, can I simply plan on having my bill go up an additional $15?? Instead of $20 for the old data plan it will be $30 for the 3G data and instead of $10 for the texts, it will be $15. Or will I have to pick an entire plan and go with that. I'm hoping it will be as easy as swapping the new data for the old with the added cost. I am asking because I don't see a category for existing users.

2. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

If you are keeping with the 2G iPhone your plan will stay the same if you are getting an iPhone 3G the rate will increase to $30 (excluding text-messaging).

3. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Any source for that...that I'll just need to swap the $20 data plan for the $30 data plan?

4. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

No. If you upgrade to a 3G iPhone it will be $45 for data and 1500 text messages. If you don't upgrade your plan stays the same. Just go to the AT&T website and check it out for yourself

5. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Exactly. So I will be paying $15 more. Last year they had a specific plan chart for existing customers saying that the data plan is $20 more to your current plan. I didnt see that chart this year. Now it looks like even existing customers need to pick a strictly iPhone plan instead of simply adding data to their current plan.

6. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

$15 more IF you upgrade to a new 3G iPhone, yes. The "iPhone Plan" for existing customers works the same way as last year except it costs an extra $15 for what you want, IF you upgrade to the new device. Like I said, if you don't buy a new phone, no rate increases