Current Exchanged iPhone 4 baseband & unlock possibility

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by g33, May 31, 2011.

1. g33 macrumors 6502

Hi Guys

I am currently on iOS 4.0.1 and baseband 01.59.00 with unltrasn0w

Im having issues with my home button not working 100% where it takes a few stabs for it to respond - at times it doesnt respond after repeated presses however hard i press! After a quick google search it seems its best to jsut change it at the store. Im sure theyre going to check whether it has the latest iOS so im about to update it to iOS 4.3.3 (or whatever the latest one is). 'If' the latest iOS is the remedy i may leave it as it is.

My main concern is that if Apple Store does change my phone what baseband will it come with and will i be able to get an unlock with it?

Thanks in advance

2. iLoyal macrumors regular

Ummm, if Apple store is going to give you a new phone, most likely going to be 4.3.3 or whatever the latest firmware. It can be unlock by Gevey-Sim which cost approximately $5-$15.

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Technically, the replacement will be refurbished. The bb will be locked, because Apple likes to discourage software unlocks. There is no unlock for BBs higher than 1.59.

4. g33 thread starter macrumors 6502

well lets hope that the fresh iOS will help me out with this as i dont like paying USD :p would love a fresh new IP4 though even though its a refurb. hasnt been a problem with my past iPhones.

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

It'll be locked. Gevey SIM is your only friend. Or since you live in the UK, get your iPhone replaced, sell it and then buy a factory unlocked model. :D

6. g33 thread starter macrumors 6502

OK so after a few hours late last night its updated. However SBSettings crashes when i try to amend the toggles... :mad: