Current firmware let you fast forward through audio files w/ FF/RW virtual buttons?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Wolfpup, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

I know it didn't with earlier firmware. I do that all the time on my 5.5G iPod to skip through commercials.

I *think* with earlier firmware that functionality worked on video, but for some reason NOT audio.

Also, if the Touch turns off, or you switch programs or something, does it "remember" what you were playing last when you go back to the audio player program? Or would I get stuck drilling through menus every single time I do something else or it switches off?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Works fine for me on my iPhone since the beginning. I still want a virtual wheel to fast forward and rewind my audio as neither the slider or the buttons are helpful for what I listen to.

TEG

3. Wolfpup thread starter macrumors 68030

Okay, so in other words you just hold down the virtual fast forward button (the one that if you tap it, it skips to the next track), and it fast forwards along, allowing you to listen as you do it?

(Sorry, just wanted to make sure :) )

That's good news. I'm sure it's the same on the current Touch too. More annoying than a real hardware button (the regular iPod half-physical scroll wheel really is a nifty design), but in combination with the new hardware volume buttons it hopefully won't be too annoying to me!