Current Generation with SL? Future Regrets?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mrjosh, Mar 5, 2009.

1. mrjosh macrumors regular

Hi all,

I am very close to purchasing low end 24" iMac. From my reading, it seems that the components will be able to make use of upcoming Snow Leopard efficiencies (i'm being somewhat vague here because I don't know enough to be more specific). Is this correct?

My other concern is the integrated graphics, although it seems like it will fit my needs. I will probably have InDesign and Photoshop as my most demanding applications. I also play Eve (not very well). All other uses would be "normal".

I need any new machine serving for a minimum of 3 years.

I am pretty desperate to replace my wife's older Dell Dimension and my ubuntu linux dell notebook. Even though I have ripped apart my notebook just for fun I am not very technically inclined - I know just enough to be dangerous.

I guess I am one of those annoying regular consumers that apple seems to be targeting recently :)

Many thanks. I've been reading the forums for ages and appreciate everyone's insight.

2. Tesselator macrumors 601

Tesselator

Yes.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

The new iMac will work for you, and will keep on going for at least 3 years.

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Your machine will be useful for 5+ years at least. I expect all my Macs to last for 6 years minimum.

5. mrjosh thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks

Thanks to all for the replies - much appreciated.