Current iMovie App compatiable with iPad 2??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RonHC, Mar 3, 2011.

1. RonHC, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011

RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

I bought iMovie when the iPhone 4 came out and with the announcement of the iPad 2 also came with iMovie.

I figured much that the current iMovie App would become compatible when the iPad 2 releases after an update but it was never clearly stated during the event.

What do you think?

2. dKran macrumors member

The iPad 2 and the iMovie app both come out on the 11th - There will simply be an update to the iMovie app that you've already purchased.

I don't think the original app will be iPad 2 comparable, as far as I know, it isn't iPad comparable at all.

3. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

Been wondering this myself. In the keynote they mentioned it was a universal app. If this is true than i would think they wouldn't have two apps in the app store named "iMovie", with would make theme one and the same. All this meaning that yes, we should already own it. That's my thinking anyway, I guess we'll see

4. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

I think the iMovie will become universal on March 11th. Plus, it will have additional features that will work on both devices. I am not sure, if some features will be active in the iPad mode.