Current iMovie App compatiable with iPad 2??

RonHC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
I bought iMovie when the iPhone 4 came out and with the announcement of the iPad 2 also came with iMovie.

I figured much that the current iMovie App would become compatible when the iPad 2 releases after an update but it was never clearly stated during the event.

What do you think?

Last edited:

dKran

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2007
The iPad 2 and the iMovie app both come out on the 11th - There will simply be an update to the iMovie app that you've already purchased.

I don't think the original app will be iPad 2 comparable, as far as I know, it isn't iPad comparable at all.

Coukos34

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
Been wondering this myself. In the keynote they mentioned it was a universal app. If this is true than i would think they wouldn't have two apps in the app store named "iMovie", with would make theme one and the same. All this meaning that yes, we should already own it. That's my thinking anyway, I guess we'll see

yodaxl7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2010
I think the iMovie will become universal on March 11th. Plus, it will have additional features that will work on both devices. I am not sure, if some features will be active in the iPad mode.