current iphone 4 availability

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dmhi11, Aug 19, 2010.

1. dmhi11 macrumors newbie

can I just walk into a store and get one or do I have to wait for 3 weeks as the apple online store suggests?

2. ikaveh macrumors regular

it really depends on where you are.

3. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

We aren't going to be able to help you without specifics. What one do you want? 16 or 32GB? Where are you?

Just phone whatever store you were hoping to buy it from, and ask if they have any in stock or if they have a waiting list.

4. dmhi11 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm in the western suburbs of Chicago. I saw another thread indicating that they have daily shipments but are people lining up every day? I've also heard they aren't doing waiting lists.

Doesn't matter which model really, I'd like to get the 16GB for price but I imagine it's harder to get ahold of.

I really hoped by waiting a couple of months it would be a no hassle affair.

5. cLin macrumors member

You know, it'll be easier calling the local stores then asking us. I just called around for a day and found out they were getting shipments every other day but they never seem to know what's going to be in it so I just call back the day of shipment and arrive to pick a phone up if it was in the shipment.

6. dmhi11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I wanted to get an idea of the climate before I started bugging the retail stores. I may just order online and sweat it out.

7. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

Calling is your best (most efficient) option.

FWIW, our Apple stores are out of stock and yet our Best Buys have plenty.

8. BennyBlades macrumors newbie

I'm in the Chicagoland area too. I've been calling most days, always the same story, "out of stock", "call back the next day to check our shipment". I thought the iPad waiting list was great. Yes, I had to wait ten days but at least I knew I was getting it. This system really stink. I'm constantly calling without any guarantees..If they do have it, the iPhone might be gone by the time you drive there.

9. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

come to Houston, 5 Apple stores in the area and hundreds of Radioshacks and AT&T's I'll bet you can get one as a "walk up"

10. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

There's a few ongoing threads about this. ;)

I ordered mine on AT&T and it was overnighted the next day. This is the case with most people right now too.

11. shaner2000 macrumors member

+1

just ordered last night:

Ship date Aug 19, 2010
    Estimated delivery Aug 20, 2010 by 3:00 PM
    iphone4 black 16gb

12. Travis Van macrumors newbie

I just read yesterday that a v2.0 software update for current iPhones will be available in mid-July. Check the Apple website for the updates once that's out.