CURRENT IPHONE OWNERS -> What's you status?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abijnk, Jul 10, 2008.

?

iPhone Owners: What's you eligibility status on AT&T's website?

Poll closed Jul 15, 2008.
  1. It says I AM ELIGIBLE

54 vote(s)
    96.4%
  2. It says I AM NOT ELIGIBLE

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I am wanting to get an idea for what's up with AT&T's eligibility status. If you are a current iPhone owner (on a legit AT&T contract), what does your online eligibility say?

Mine has been flipping back and forth for days and I can't figure out what's up...

2. GeekLawyer macrumors demi-god

GeekLawyer

The post is coming from inside the house!
    Sounds like you're having an ATT issue. My status has been green-light for upgrade for the past week.

3. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

Eligible. The system was down all of yesterday, but it says I am eligible.

4. BlueKari macrumors newbie

Mine hasn't changed at all, I'm not upgrading but I'm still eligible. ;)

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I wasn't elgible this morning, but I am as I have been for the past few weeks.

6. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

Mine went back and forth from Eligible to Non Eligible... Now Eligible thank GOD.

7. D3lta macrumors 6502a

As of 2:42pm PST for me, it says eligible. And it better stay that way!

8. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

Farseide:

You seem to know a lot about this stuff. I'm on a family plan, and I just added a FAN number to this account (my school where I got the FAN does not receive the bill or anything, my family pays it). Should I be alright to go into an APPLE store tomorrow? If not, is there a way to cancel the FAN on the OLAM?

9. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

AT&T fixed it. It was showing eligible for two weeks now online and today it was gone. I called AT&T and had them put notes on my account that said both lines could get iPhone. Now they fixed it and online shows eligible for both lines (Thank God).

EDIT: Mine says

"This line is eligible for reduced equipment pricing when you sign up for a new 2-year service agreement. All iPhone purchases require a 2-year service commitment."

With a link to upgrade next to it.

10. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Mine says this:

This line is eligible for equipment discount pricing when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. You can take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option, with the exception of iPhone which requires a 2-year commitment.

11. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Check your status online, some were saying if you added a FAN after AT&T changed status, it would remove eligibility. You may need to remove FAN in order for status to update again as eligible.

I already had FAN on my account so this does not impact me, but if your status is messed up I would go to an AT&T store tomorrow vs. the Apple store.

12. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

My status is fine, but people are saying those who have their rates discounted can not be served at the Apple store because they won't handle "business" customers even though the bill is NOT being payed by my company.

13. tomccabe macrumors regular

tomccabe

looks like the whole site is down for maintenance. earlier today i was getting error and call-in messages when i tried.

14. ROBARMY macrumors newbie

you have to be more then a current v1 iphone owner...

If you got a contract with AT&T say 1 years ago and you just updated to an v1 iphone within the last 2-3 month you are still obligated to that 2 year contract (so you would have x months left on that contract) if you got a phone at a discount through AT&T. Buying an v1 iPhone does NOT make you eligible automatically!!! I just got off the phone with a manager at the call center and that is one of the reasons why some of the contract are going to ineligible. And that makes perfect since... I went from a pay as you go phone to the iPhone v1 so I am eligible for the 3g iphone at 199/299 (in other words I did NOT use my discount). If you started AT&T with a phone that you got a discount on you have to finish that 2 year contract or pay the high 299/399 price. Make perfect sense to me. People are saying to use someone elses iPhone to make your account go to eligible....that will or might work when you look online but they are going through and verifying that you did not have a 2 year contract prior to getting the v1 iPhone. If you still do have time left from your original contract with AT&T, when you get up to pay you will be very surprised if they catch you.... I guess you have a 50/50 shot...:eek: My sons iPhone was given to him by me when I updated to a 16GB but he still has 1 year left on the original 2 year contract so he is NOT eligible even though its an v1 iPhone!!!!!! Make sence, if not call and ask.:D
    Good Luck

15. Warpednote macrumors newbie

Warpednote

Im am completely and fully eligible for upgrade city! YEE HAW! :D

16. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

Yes it does. It says so EVERYWHERE. The ATT person you were talking to doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

17. abijnk thread starter macrumors 68040

abijnk

As others have said, AT&T has actually said that ALL current 1st gen iPhone users are eligible...

18. ROBARMY macrumors newbie

Ya, Believe EVERYWHERE!!!, that's what I almost did... but I have 2 iPhone v1's in the house under my FamilyTalk Plan and only the one that was bought at the start of my contract is eligible b/c it was NOT started with a discounted phone. The other is NOT eligible because we got a phone for like 49.99 and the original price was 150-200 or around there anyway... about 1 year ago. So it shows as eligible next year when the 2 years are up on that one. I worked for Hewlett Packard Company for 13 years and one of my customers was AT&T. I took care of their Enterprise Business Servers for many years so I called my contacts and had them check it out on their end as well. They just looked into it and thats what's happening, at least one of the reasons. Look, don't take my word for it or any of these other guys/gals... Just call them and repeat what I just stated and see for your self. Don't just say you did.... Actually DO IT!!!! and get back with us, I'm waiting!!! It only takes a few minutes to do:)

19. ROBARMY macrumors newbie

If you don't have a previous 2 year contract on original phone that the iPhone replace...prior to July 11..... CALL THEN!!! It Only takes a few minutes and you will know... but don't rely on the staff at the AT&T stores, call the help desk and ask for a manager... you will get more accurate answers... most of the time!!!!

20. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

Rob:

Anyone who has an iPhone now will be eligible for the upgraded prices of 199/299 for the iPhone 3G. No calling necessary on this issue.

21. ROBARMY macrumors newbie

Your right, they haven't given out HALF_TRUTH'S on anything else regarding this phone have they? I thought that to... but if you bought a phone on contract in May with a discount and then in June you bought the v1 iPhone and all of the sudden you get out of the 2 year contract for that discounted phone and now you get the new iPhone 3G for 199/299. makes perfect sense! Some might get by with that, but thats why all of the changes are happening regarding eligible/ineligible they are gonna get their money for that original phone you got. Thats how it was explained by multiple contacts on my end. You are half-right but thats what they did with the whole TWICE S FAST AT HALF THE PRICE.... I guess it depends on how you look at it.
    Good Luck, Hope everyone gets the 199/299 price. That would be great!
    Best Regards:apple:

22. abijnk thread starter macrumors 68040

abijnk

I don't need to call anybody. I started my contract in May 2007, got an iPhone in September 2007, and it says I am eligible. Myth dispelled...

One of my lines was switching back and forth, so I was wondering if everyones has been updated, it looks like everyones has...

23. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Me too. I signed a 2 year and bought a Blackberry 6 months before the iPhone came out, bought an iPhone and I'm eligible even though the iPhone didn't start / change my contract.

So yeah, someone was ****ing with you.