Current iphone rear glass gap solutions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RebeccaL, Jan 24, 2011.

1. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

I purchased my iPhone brand new last month from Radioshack.

Now I have noticed the dreaded gap in the rear glass as reported here: http://www.tuaw.com/2010/08/09/my-excellent-fun-time-rage-inducing-iphone-4-adventure/2#comments

My question is have anyone found a fix for this, like removing and replacing the back plate or filling in the gap with epoxy or silicone?

The problem is that I live in PR and here we don't have an Apple store. The only option would be to send the phone to apple and wait to get a refurbished unit (something I find unfair for a brand new phone) or get the full cost charged to my credit card as insurance and when I get the new phone send ind my old one to get the credit back. Anyway I would be getting the refurb from apple.

My phone is one of the newest ones with the torx screws. I checked the in store display models at ATT and they seem to also have the gap.

Any suggestions for a self repair?

Thanks.

2. fadij macrumors newbie

take it back? thats something you shouldnt live with... some refurbs are still good

3. kmpoboy2 macrumors 6502

kmpoboy2

When exactly did you buy it?

You can try taking it to Radio Shack and have it exchange for a new one. I know of peolpe who had their iP4 swap by Radio Shack for brand new ones because of defects.

Now, those phones where a couple of weeks old. I don't kow if their swap yours after a month, but it doesn't hurt to try.

4. RebeccaL thread starter macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

I bought it less than a month ago. RS said they don't offer warranty, ATT sais the same. And now I contacted Apple and they say the warranty in PR corresponds to ATT.

I am getting mad. There must be a way to repair this myself before the camera and internals get dust.

5. kmpoboy2 macrumors 6502

kmpoboy2

Did you tried speaking with an RS manager or just a store clerk?

If none of them wants to honor the warranty you can file a claim with DACO.

I believe you can return the phone before 30 days has passed from the day of purchase. If you want to do that.

Don't try to fix it your self, you'll void the warranty. Someone has to take care of this issue and I believe the 3 of them should.

Apple- the phone it's under warranty.

RS- you bought a defective item from them and they should take care of you as their costumer.

AT&T-RS is an authorized dealer of them.

Hope you can resolve this matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. RebeccaL thread starter macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

THanks guys for all the ideas. The Apple Selfsolve lamentably does not include PR.

NExt week I will visit ATT main headquartes and talk to a manager to see what can they do. If they don't solve the problem I will contact DACO.

I will update the thread to let other people in PR know who is the actual company responsible for warranty in here.