Current List of iPhone 4 Problems [06/26/2010]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WiiDSmoker, Jun 26, 2010.

1. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

I thought it might be a good idea if we started a list of all the problems that people are having with the iPhone 4. This is not a thread about if you don't have problems or you truly believe that aren't any issues.

• Proximity Sensor not registering correctly
    • Camera lenses not opening or closing
    • SIM cards not registering
    • Phone Antenna signals
    • Swapped Volume Control button
    • Possibly shocking people
    • Screen Positioning
    • iPod app crashing
    • Bluetooth disconnecting
    • Wi-Fi Antenna issues
    • Yellow spotting - Should resolve itself after few days though.

This is all that I know of currently. If you are having issues please post here so that they may be added to the list.

2. nfl46 macrumors 603

3. nfl46 macrumors 603

I'm definitely having problems with a couple of those problems, especially the first one. When I'm on the phone, my face dials number, open apps, etc. It just won't stay off while I'm on the phone. Ugh.

4. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

On certain occasions i seem to get bleed for the LED flash on the camera, leaving a yellow semi circle on the left of every photo!!!

It seems to have resolved itself at the mooment but weird all the same!

5. sbally macrumors newbie

A few minor issues:

Screen doesn't always return to portrait when it has been switched to landscape

Ipod crashes when attempting to set up a playlist on iPhone

Wifi/3G browsing is slower than 3GS

Still love it though! :) All these minor issues will be sorted out i'm sure. It's just part of the 'fun' associated with early adoption. Apple now has 2m testers when last week it only had a few.

Biggest problem I have found is that I just can't put it down! :p

6. pavelbure macrumors 6502a

cannot zoom in on maps as much as i could on my 3gs using satellite view.

7. tungstentim macrumors regular

tungstentim

can you add bluetooth and wifi issues for me please?

My bluetooth disconnects from my car kit, even if no one is touching it and on re-starts my phone won't connect to my wifi router (time machine).

Dropped calls too.

Fairly unimpressed so far.

8. drober30 macrumors 6502a

My wife's phone has a problem with the proximity sensor. It does not let the phone come back on quick enough when she pulls it away from her ear. She can stare at a black screen for a couple of seconds.

I have had a couple of dropped calls even when on speaker. I have not used the phone long enough to give a real analysis.

I think browsing speeds are slower for sure but that could be an AT&T network thing? Could be lots of new iPhone4s on the network. I was one who never had a problem with AT&T.

9. WiiDSmoker thread starter macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

10. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Only issue I'm having (just discovered it last night) is that my videos have no to little sound. Whats strange is that my microphone/notes app works fine, as does speakerphone use, FaceTime use, etc. But when I record a video, I get zero sound.

Sounds like a software problem but a restore hasn't helped. I guess I need to go get a replacement.

11. pmz macrumors 68000

12. pmz macrumors 68000

So a random bluetooth car kit that probably works with 1 out of every 3 bluetooth phones and, a what? Do you mean a Time Capsule, as the wifi router in your house? Since you don't know the name of the device you own, i gather you didn't buy or set it up, so offering advice on how to fix the issue would probably be a lost cause, eh?

13. ignign0kt macrumors member

You forgot the yellow spot issue. Which I'm still having on day 2

14. JonB3Z macrumors 6502

Is your finger or some other object near the flash? Light could be bouncing off it and into the camera lens.

15. joeybuckets macrumors regular

joeybuckets

+1,000,000

16. klnorth macrumors newbie

iPod app crashing

I have the 3GS that has been upgraded to iOS 4. As of this morning the iPod app is crashing everytime I launch it. I have tried rebooting the phone with the same problem. I would understand a 3rd party app causing problems but a native app? Come on Apple this doesn't look good.

17. Jetwash macrumors member

Day 3 & still have yellow line from bottom left to bottom right of screen.

18. jayducharme macrumors 68040

jayducharme

LOL!

Another problem you haven't mentioned: some people are complaining that the audio produced through the iPod app isn't as "punchy" as the audio from previous iPhones.

19. Skoal macrumors 65816

Yet without them there would be no iPhone! :rolleyes:

Seriously?

20. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

I was actually coming here to post about the proximity sensor and found this thread so add me to the list.

I've also noticed that when talking with people the ear piece speaker is crackly or pops when people are speaking. I've tried turning down the volume but by the time it gets to where you can't hear the crackling, the volume is then to low to really hear.

Oh, and first and fore most is the antenna issue. I don't want to put a case on my phone and get some less than stellar results while holding the phone. I did add a bumper case from Best Buy to help out but it seems as though that it made the reception all around worse. Sometimes it won't even let me make a call or get online. So there's definitely something going on and this does need to get fixed QUICKLY!

21. BlueWave macrumors newbie

My volume up button does not feel as clicky as the other buttons, almost as if it's slightly stuck down. Already taken it to an apple store and they agreed it was a problem. Booked me an appointment for tomorrow

22. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

Having trouble staying connected to 3g / bluetooth.

My wifes phone is just fine.

23. Bostonaholic macrumors 6502

Bostonaholic

Glad to see someone else is having this problem... Is everyone having this issue or just some of us?

24. Bostonaholic macrumors 6502

Bostonaholic

Just upgraded to 4.0.1 and now I'm able to use the iPod app. Cool beans.

25. schataut macrumors member

My issues - I hope I don't have to return this phone.

1. Proximity sensor - very jumpy - during calls suddenly screen turns on and every time my ear ends up touching the mute.
    2. Antenna - I actually have gaffers tape covering the trouble spot (I could live with this fix) however when I hold the phone (not the death grip) my signal still goes down. I am waiting until I get a case to see if that solves the issue, if not I have no choice but to return the phone. My wife has the 3G iphone and no issues at all.