Current Location Maps

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by blingo, Aug 11, 2008.

1. blingo macrumors newbie

Is anyone else have problems using the tracking on a Jailbreak phone.

When i press the button thats meant to locate you it just keeps free spinning. I did read of a fix to replace CurrentLocation.Framework but didnt read of anyone getting to work. Any fix for this. Cant use the GPS feature without it :(

Thanks everyone.

2. acjrocks macrumors member

On the official 2.0 firmware my GPS was working fine. But with the 2.0.1 official firmware, it seems to have done something to it cause now I can't even get the tower triangulations inside my house. I used to before. But this is with the official firmware, not the pwned one.

I pwned my phone to 2.0.1 yesterday and I still have the same issue. I'm guessing it stems from the official 2.0.1 release and not the pwned firmware.

3. blingo thread starter macrumors newbie

I think its the Pwned firmware. Because i had 2.0 pwned on my iPhone 2G and it didnt work and the new iPhone has 2.0.1 pwned and still not working. If it was Offical 2.0.1 release i think there be loads of post about it.

Anyone else having this issue on new firmware on 3G. 1 by 1 been sorting all these problems this looks to be the last.

4. ninjapenguinart macrumors regular

Are you inside or outside when trying to use maps? Because I had similar experience where I was at my office at work but the app wasn't going fast at all or wasn't accurate, but as soon as I stepped outside and tried it was dead on.

5. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

"Locate Me" has worked perfectly on my 3G under 2.0 official, 2.0 Pwned and 2.0.1 Pwned firmwares. It has never worked properly indoors, though and on Saturday night, when I Pwned to 2.0.1, I convinced myself it was broken when I tested it in the street outside my house. Come Sunday, when I was out in the big, wide world, it was fine.

6. blingo thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried it outside but tomorrow i shall give it another go. I dont see why it should work in the house though was working fine on 2G and 3G before they were pwned.