Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacSA

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
UK
Can anyone who just recently purchased a mini confirm whether they are still shipping with the slightly upgraded specs? The 64mb graphics card 1.5 ghz G4 etc. Particularly from anyone in the UK.

I'm debating whether to buy one now....or wait for this mythical intel mini - but i'm a little concerned about some of these reports that rosetta emulation requires masses of RAM to be useable.

By the way, Apple are still showing the old specs at the online Apple Store. :mad:

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
MacSA said:
By the way, Apple are still showing the old specs at the online Apple Store. :mad:
That's just because there are still quite some unsold 1.42 Mhz minis out there. You might find a reseller/apple store that has some of these high-grade minis, but your best bet might be the apple store, don't think they'll all of the sudden stop making the 1.5s and go back to make them 1.42.

Cheers

PS i love my 1.42 mini :D

andrewag

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2005
Australia
Got a mini for a mate of mine back in November and it was the 1.5Ghz model. We got it BTO by adding on a modem just in case though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.