Current Market Prices For Used MacBook Pro's

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ducatiti, Jul 18, 2012.

1. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

ducatiti

So I was recently laid off from work. I was able to sell two of my Macbook Pro's via CL in less than a week.

The first one is a mid 2010 13-MacBook Pro (2.66 Ghz) with default factory configuration with no further upgrades but I included VmWare with Win 7 Professional and Win XP Professional, Creative Suite CS5, Adobe Premier Pro CS5, Adobe Pro X, MS Office 11, iLife 11, iWork 09. Sold it for $825.

The second system is an early 2011 13-Macbook Pro (2.3 Ghz i5) with 8GB of Ram and a 500 GB Hybrid drive. I included VmWare with Win 7 Professional, Creative Suite CS5, Adobe Premier Pro CS5, Adobe Pro X, MS Office 11, iLife 11, iWork 09. Sold it for $975.

Just wanted to see if I sold these at decent price if ever.

Thank you in advance for your kind responses.

2. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

You got really good money for those machines IMO.

3. ducatiti thread starter macrumors 6502a

ducatiti

Thank you for your prompt reply. I guess my selling point was the applications but I saw the same used 2011 Macbook Pro's selling for more than a thousand @ Ebay. Would like to hear more opinions please.

4. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Remember that on eBay you have to pay for the use of the service, wait for paypal, etc. In this situation you made cash transactions with little additional cost to you. Take that into account.

5. Surfin10 macrumors member

Those sound like good prices...
    I would warn against selling software installed without selling the actual license. I'm assuming, since you included the same exact software on both, that you just installed the software, activated it with the same S/N, and kept the licenses. This could get you into legal trouble, as you are technically giving out pirated software doing this - Whether you legally purchased the software in the first place or not. Don't know of the legal ramifications, but just a FYI for you.

(and if you did sell the licenses with the computers, please completely disregard my comment :) )