Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

motomac

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Well I think i may be getting a new 15.4" 2.4Ghz MBP and I want to get a snap on / clip on case to protect it from bumps and scratches. I also want to protect the keyboard and palm rest areas as well as the screen.

I have seen some ads for the iskin clear and colored cases, but I want to hear from real users/owners of the 15" MBP to help me to find the best place(s) to buy these parts. What do you guys actually have? What fits the best? What are you using to protect the screen, keyboard, and palm rests?

I want to order all of it and have it ready to be installed the moment I pull the MBP from its shipping box. I have been known to be accident prone before....

Man, if only apple made an industrial strength laptop like the panasonic toughbook. Id buy it in a heartbeat!

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help guys!

twitter

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2007
just wondering are there any heat problems with the iSkin cases
since the MBP is know for getting hot, it must be worse with a iSkin

Matiek

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2007
I use the speck case, bought on amazon for $38 with free shipping, and the Iskin keyboard cover. I highly recommend both but my MBP does get a bit hotter with a cpu typically at 160 when surfing and watching flash movies. I got the belkin fanned platform thing to helo with that and have had good results. If I'm rendering videos or playing games I'll also have a fan blow across the keyboard which seems to work very well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.