Current MBP and iPhone, incoming iMac - Family setup question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by marine610610, Oct 22, 2009.

1. marine610610 macrumors regular

Id like to have the calendar she sets up on the new iMac to sync with my MBP and my iPhone so that we can stay on the same page when it comes to whats going on with work and our two children. Can this be done across my wireless network? I have the Airport Extreme WBS (802.11n)if that makes a difference.
    We both use calendars quite a bit... My iPhone is setup with my MBP, and since i travel quite a bit i need to keep it that way. Thanks.

2. phormality macrumors newbie

If you don’t have MobileMe I’d recommend it. You can set your iCal and iPhone to sync over the air so they are always up to date. Without it your calendar will still sync, but only when you plug it in and sync with iTunes (provided you told it to sync your calendars)

There are 2 ways to handle the iMac:

1) Just use the same MobileMe account on the iMac and tell it to sync and your MBP, iMac, and iPhone will always be in sync. You can have a different color for each of you and have them all, all the time.

2) If you wanted to keep some things private you could right click on one of your calendars you want to share and publish it. Then on the other computer you could subscribe to that calendar

As long as don’t have super secret private meetings I think option 1 is the way to go. Much easier to setup and everything is always in sync everywhere