Current MBP Upgrade?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by phas3, Jun 13, 2015.

1. phas3 macrumors 65816

What is the possibility that the MBPs will be bumped up to the rMB style/form factor this year? I sold my 2013 MBPs due to the anticipation of the rMB but the specs were disappointing. So now I'm thinking of going with 2015 MBP or waiting it out for a few months to see what comes down the pipe.

2. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Unlikely, as that would be completely redundant to have three ultrabook-style notebooks as your only models to choose from when trying to sell to a wide audience of consumers.

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I really doubt they'll be doing a redesign anytime soon. Skylake probably won't be released until late this year.

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

Highly unlikely to happen at all. Apple in all likely hood wants to keep the MacBook as a separate product line and differentiate it from the MacBook Pros. The MacBook is designed as a more portable travel laptop unlike the MacBook Pros.

5. smc333 macrumors regular

I think the most likely thing is the rMBP may see a visual refresh with Skylake (perhaps the Silver/Gold/Space Gray color themes and maybe the butterfly keyboard), but the form factor will remain the same.

The ultra thin/modest power of the MacBook does not serve a LOT of users currently buying Macs. I really doubt Apple is going to get rid of those customers by making compromises on the Pro line.