Current MBP Upgrade?

phas3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
What is the possibility that the MBPs will be bumped up to the rMB style/form factor this year? I sold my 2013 MBPs due to the anticipation of the rMB but the specs were disappointing. So now I'm thinking of going with 2015 MBP or waiting it out for a few months to see what comes down the pipe.

Dark Void

macrumors 68030
Jun 1, 2011
Unlikely, as that would be completely redundant to have three ultrabook-style notebooks as your only models to choose from when trying to sell to a wide audience of consumers.

Comment

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
What is the possibility that the MBPs will be bumped up to the rMB style/form factor this year? I sold my 2013 MBPs due to the anticipation of the rMB but the specs were disappointing. So now I'm thinking of going with 2015 MBP or waiting it out for a few months to see what comes down the pipe.
I really doubt they'll be doing a redesign anytime soon. Skylake probably won't be released until late this year.

Comment

Mr.C

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Highly unlikely to happen at all. Apple in all likely hood wants to keep the MacBook as a separate product line and differentiate it from the MacBook Pros. The MacBook is designed as a more portable travel laptop unlike the MacBook Pros.

Reactions: yukyuklee
Comment

smc333

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2010
Boston, MA
I think the most likely thing is the rMBP may see a visual refresh with Skylake (perhaps the Silver/Gold/Space Gray color themes and maybe the butterfly keyboard), but the form factor will remain the same.

The ultra thin/modest power of the MacBook does not serve a LOT of users currently buying Macs. I really doubt Apple is going to get rid of those customers by making compromises on the Pro line.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.