Current MBP vs. the updated one....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by deceptichop, Dec 16, 2008.

  1. deceptichop macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2008
    #1
    Gentlemen and ladies?

    Here is my concern. It is two fold:

    1) I will be purchasing a MBP 17" ASAP, however should I wait to buy the updated 17" one?

    Is it going to be THAT much better than the current 17" one?

    Is the updated one going to be THAT much faster than the current 2.6 dual core 17"?

    I will be using my new MBP for PS CS3, Illustrator CS3, and video editing

    2) and secondly. When the updated 17" MBP comes out, will there be a reduction on the price of the current 17" MBP model?

    Thanks guys!
     
  2. CPD_1 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2007
    Location:
    South East Texas
    #2
    1) We don't know for sure when the 17" will be updated. It's coming, but you could be waiting as short as a month, or you may end up waiting till spring. Nobody knows exactly what the update will look like. Guaranteed it will have a cpu bump, and it will almost certainly become a unibody/glassbook model. You'd be just fine doing all of the things you say you want to do on the current 17".

    Anything we tell you other than this would simply be speculation.

    2) The current 17" will, without a doubt go for less when the new one makes it's appearance.
     
  3. darwinian macrumors 6502a

    darwinian

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2008
    Location:
    In R4, more or less
    #3
    1a) if you can wait until at least jan., you might as well
    1b) no, in all likelihood
    1c) D
    2) Yes
     

Share This Page