Current New iPad Availability at Walmart/Target/Best Buy stores

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kelped, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Kelped macrumors member

2. MR1324 macrumors 6502

call your local stores. it's not going to be the same everywhere...

3. lilo777 macrumors 603

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Maybe. :cool:

5. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

Walked right into Target yesterday and got the model I wanted. Granted it was the only one they had, and the last model but still.

6. batotman macrumors 6502

My local Walmart had like 10 of them including 4G Verizon ones on Sunday. Haven't been anywhere that is out of stock yet.

7. thaghost macrumors 6502

I went to our local Meijer to grocery shop, they are all out. I did find the smart cover for $24.99!!!

The 3 best buys and targets are out too...

8. ir13 macrumors newbie

My local BB has plenty of each model as well as the local apple store.

I had to exchange one for my family and it took two to get a good one but now we are all satisfied.

Now we just need a jailbreak release for all to be well :D

9. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

10. iLukeJoseph macrumors 6502

My local BestBuy's (2 of them, only two in Alaska) have plenty of both as of this morning. Target had some (did really look on which exactly). My local Walmart has a few of each black WiFi only's.

Curious, do you guys not have "Mom and Pop Authorized Apple Dealers" in the lower 48? We have a couple of different ones "MacHause" (their bread and butter is repairs, their shops are pretty gross in all honesty). And then the Alaska Mac Store, their store rivals the Apple Store (which we JUST got in late 2011), and the people their know quite a bit more than Apple Geniuses. The later had/has some stock of iPad's as well.

Oh if you are looking for 4G. Check out AT&T or Verizon (depending on what you want). Nearly all of my local AT&T stores have all of them in both colors in stock (we only have AT&T up here).

My closest one actually ended up holding one for me for Friday Launch lol. The ONLY thing I did like is that they opened it up, as they wanted to add it to my cell account (but I wanted them to anyways, as it is my Company Account).

11. alphaprime macrumors newbie

When is Newegg going to finally start selling it? In no rush to buy, looking to avoid NY sales tax while I'm at it.

12. mlynchmob16 macrumors regular

I was at Walmart yesterday and they had a few 4G models in stock.

13. WhoAmI2 macrumors member

I never understand the lasiness of some. Instead of going to www.walmart.com, www.target.com, www.bestbuy.com and check their stock online you take the time to post here on MR in the hopes someone will do your work for you. One problem is we don't know where you are, which store you're looking to purchase, how much money you have to spend, etc etc.

http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/OverView.aspx#ContactUsTab

14. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

I looked at the Best Buy website on Saturday because I didn't want to stand in line at The Apple Store or wait 2-3 weeks for delivery. They were available online and I could pick it up locally. I received the confirmation email and picked it up within an hour.

15. deeddawg macrumors 604

Now with Apple in-store pickup reenabled, no lines and no wait. Order via Apple.com after 10pm, pick up from the store the next day. Looks like not everything in stock every night, but pretty solid availability compared to previous launches.

I think Best Buy has now turned off the reserve for in store pickup. Not sure why, maybe as stocks declined they didn't want to turn away in-store customers? Just guessing.

16. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

I visited both my local Meijer and Target stores yesterday, both were sold out.

17. Kelped thread starter macrumors member

The information listed on those sites is inaccurate. Retailers seem to have either disabled or stopped updating online inventory check for the new iPad.

18. Jspring86 Suspended

Jspring86

Best Buy here in Flagstaff had lots in stock. However it is true that Best Buy has stopped allowing customers to check stock availability online. From my experience, when I called to check stock, they tried to sell me one "over the phone". This could be the reason they're not letting you check the stock yourself online, they want the chance to sell you an iPad.

19. deeddawg macrumors 604

True. However, the telephone should still work....

20. alphaprime macrumors newbie

Newegg CSR was no help, no ETA. I'm guessing Apple must be limiting stock to B&M or phone sales only for 3rd parties at the moment. Notice no online site that has it lets you order it online, they all say call. Wally & BestBuy are both in-store only.

21. anibru macrumors newbie

FindOne Plus

Check out FindOne Plus on the AppStore. It has been updated to find the new iPads.

22. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

PlusOne on this app! It may not be exactly updating in real time (at least from what I'm able to tell when I call the stores) but its a good indicator of where to start calling.

23. spaghetti head macrumors member

I went to Target yesterday, 3-27-2012, and the knowledgeable clerk told me that the new iPad wasn't released yet.

24. Angler macrumors regular

25. spaghetti head macrumors member

Not at the Target that I went to.