Current window randomly unselecting-going grey?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Yendog, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Yendog macrumors regular

Yendog

Okay.. i was hoping Sierra would solve this but it didn't. Maybe someone can help.

A VERY annoying thing has been happening for a while. Basically my current "active" window will just randomly deactivate.

To explain.. so say you have 4 programs open and you are "active" on one of them... all the other programs are "greyed out" so to speak. My problem is that I'll have a program active and then it will just grey itself out.. sometimes literally AS I'm typing.. and i'll have to mouse to it and select it again!?!?

Happens on all programs.. and I have NO idea.. and after a lot of searching just can't figure anything out... (hard to know exactly what to search for even)

Any of you geniuses have any ideas? Thank you in advance!!!!

2. Yendog thread starter macrumors regular

Yendog

SO annoying... part of my income is teaching from my house 2-3 days a week... music. I'll put the metronome on... click the space bar to start it... play along for 2-3 minutes with it with my student... hit the space bar again to stop it... but NOPE... the window is no longer active. have to click the mouse on it and then hit space bar... a minor annoyance the first 100 times it happened but now its starting to wear on me.

3. Tarek macrumors 6502

Unfortunately, I've experienced that on Mac OS Sierra but with certain applications such as Airmail 3 and Polymail; I am not really sure why it happens, though, and would like to know why so I will be following this thread. Thank you for posting about it.