Current worth of my G3 Pismo?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Warstrong, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Warstrong macrumors newbie

Hi...I have a G3 Powerbook Pismo. Specs are:

500MHz
    256MB RAM
    12GB hard drive (variable of a possible 80GB drive if it makes sense to put it in there and sell it)
    Very good shape (sat in storage from 2002 until 2007 and was only really used for the last year and from sometime in 2000 until sometime in 2002, no stuck pixels on screen)
    hold a 3 hour charge
    new PRAM battery put in in 2007
    DVD drive
    No Airport, but I have a USB dongle for wifi and it is 802.11B/G whereas the airport original is only B

I'm wondering what this thing could sell for on eBay or Craigslist (never used Craigslist before though). I was thinking of maybe selling this and my newly built pc for a macbook but as I have gotten osx86 to work on the pc I don't need a brand new intel mac :). So I hear this thing is kind of a collector's item in a way, and despite a hairline crack or two, keyboard marks on the screen, and the normal crack between the touchpad and its button, it's in great condition. Everything works, but I think I need more power. Estimate? How much would YOU pay for this beauty? Would it be a good idea to upgrade the RAM or HD?

2. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

Only people who would want this art developers who want an older mac to experiment with for backwards compatibility reasons.

I would value it at about 250-350 for consumers.

For a developer who really needs one that old maybe you can squeze 500.