Currently Jailbroken, iTunes freezes on Restore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by myke2, Jun 5, 2011.

1. myke2 macrumors member

Ok guys....this is the second time now that this has happened. I'm currently running 4.3.3 on my iPhone 4 and I've jailbroken using redsn0w. My iOS has gotten a little shaky the past few days and I decided to restore with the impending release of iOS5 tomorrow. Well, when I go to restore my iPhone hangs up as well as iTunes and leaves my phone unusable. If I remove my phone it's stuck in the "connect to iTunes" screen. Any idea what I need to do? I took it to the apple store the last time this happened and they restored it NO PROBLEM. I'm confused.

2. Dima470 macrumors regular

Dima470

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

At this piont you have 2 options. You can either use tinyumbrella to kick your iphone out of recovery, which night work, or you can restore with a different computer.

3. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

If you edited your hosts file to block itunes from communicating with Apple's servers before, it might be the cause.

4. 6amigos macrumors newbie

Itunes restore hangs @ 60%

I had same problem while restoring and upgrade to 4.3.3. itunes hangs @ 60% complete......... it gave me a error code (9)......... after finish dinner,..... walked the dog...... still hangs

WHat I just realize that I have wifi-sync installed in my macbook pro.....

get the uninstall file from where you get the wifi-sync OSX, uninstall....

and the restore worked...... happly and ever after....:(