Carrier Currently off contract with AT&T... Can I preorder?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hezzerlah, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Hezzerlah macrumors member

Hezzerlah

I'm currently off contract. Do I need to do anything now to preorder tonight? All these ATT Next posts are stressing me out. Are all new plans now NEXT? Will I have to select a new plan tonight during the preorder process? I've never been off contract for a release before. Thanks in advance!

2. njn007 macrumors regular

njn007

It seems if you order tonight that you will be starting a new 2 year agreement (you may or may not get to decide if you start a contract or not). See the discussion at http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=19633910.

3. derekdi macrumors member

Order the T-Mobile Contract Free one although people are saying that it is locked, it will be your best bet if you dont want to wail in line at 19. Even if it is locked, you can always return it to Apple and head to the ATT or Verizon store to get one at full retail price. But it seems like now the demand is so high that if you miss the preorder tomorrow, you might have to wait for weeks to get another one.

I went to an "authorized" T-Mobile store today and asked them if they do pre-order or not. They said they are charging $1200 for 16GB iPhone 6 Plus unlocked! What a rip-off!

I am on ATT contract and I am planing on buying it at full retail price, pay ETF for my current contract, sell my old phones which are unlocked already, and just get a prepaid plan with unlimited everything :cool:

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Go online right now while the systems are working.

Go through a trial upgrade to the 5s and you will see the options.

for me, and MANY THAT HAVE EXAMINED the facts, NEXT is the best way to go

5. njn007 macrumors regular

njn007

That's going to depend on the OP's plan (i.e. current number of lines, data plan, etc.). I wouldn't try to force NEXT on the OP.