Currently on 8.4, jailbreak or update?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by johnny13oi, Aug 31, 2016.

1. johnny13oi macrumors member

Hello everyone,

I just got an iPhone 6 Plus on iOS 8.4 and have been away from iOS for a while now. Should I jailbreak 8.4 and wait for the next latest jailbreak for the latest signed iOS or just update to 9.3.5 for whatever new features there are in it?

I also am worried about the replaced TouchID thing where people's TouchID gets disabled if its ever been replaced because this phone was purchased second hand and it has a cracked screen currently and I don't know if the TouchID has ever been replaced. I know that in its current state it does work.

Thank you

2. mildocjr macrumors 65816

9.3.5 protects you from malware that circumvents the kernel and provides the attacker with access to root access to your phone and everything in it, including your camera and microphone. But hey its your data and your privacy.

3. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

How badly do you want new features?

If you want them more than a jailbreak then I would update. But if a jailbreak is more valuable to you stay put and jailbreak.

If it were me I would jailbreak. But I have an iPad Air 2 on 8.1 jailbroken so I may be biased. :)

4. imlovinit macrumors 6502a

imlovinit

8.4 is such a solid jb.

I only updated (for 9.3 jb) because I needed certain apps that now required 9 and higher. Otherwise, I would of remained on 8.4. I say jb for 8.4 and see how you like it.

5. iRetired macrumors 6502a

iRetired

"Should I stay or should I go."

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

I wish I could go back to 8.4 on my 6+. 9.x has nothing that I can't live without.