Currently setting up iPhone- iPhone number?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by domcole, Jul 17, 2008.

1. domcole macrumors regular

Hi,

Just on iTunes with my 16gb 3G connected. I've just filled in my address and email.

1/ Now I need to fill in iPhone Number. Sounds stupid I know but what it mean/where do I find it?

I've just got this phone from my Father's business, from o2 and the sim card just came in a box therefore if the 'iPhone number' means mobile number, I don't know it!

Please help a noob out.
    Thank you.

2. malmgren macrumors newbie

3. domcole thread starter macrumors regular

Hi and thank you.

However, it doesn't seem to be in the contact list but I rang my home number so I have my new mobile number now. Sorted with that.

Now someone who has activated their iPhone at home must know what it means where it says 'iPhone number' I don't think it's the mobile because there is a little box then a bigger one. No idea what it is.

Any advice?

4. Duke Flakman macrumors newbie

just figureded it out.

It is your phone number ie the one people use to contact you.

It did get me for a while. The boxes are larger than they need to be. Or atleast for the UK users it certainly is ;)

The first smaller box on the left is your country code(?). For example +44 replaces the first '0' for UK users. The second, final box is for the rest of your number.

01234 567890

becomes

<first box>+44</first box> <second box>1234567890</second box>

I hope that's of some help?

[-o-]