Curse you Apple!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Fugabutacus, May 25, 2010.

1. Fugabutacus macrumors regular

I bought a MacBook Pro on my birthday, SIXTEEN days before Apple decided to introduce an offer, "Buy a Mac, get an iPod Touch free." What timing!!

#PointlessThread

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you had done your research you'd have known that the BTS promotion was probably imminent.

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Yes, curse Apple for you not knowing about a promotion thay've done yearly for as long as I can remember.

4. Bombercoach macrumors newbie

Yeah, I knew it was coming but had to pull the trigger yesterday on a purchase for work (bought a mac pro & a MBP), and do feel bad that we didn't get them but at the same time is wasn't my money and would need to justify the reordering of the equipment just to get them. Which I'm not going to mess with. I feel more pissed off knowing that we pulled the trigger on a very expensive mac pro just to have better ones show up at WWDC.

5. beaner454 macrumors regular

This seems more like an unfortunate timing issue, rather than a curse you Apple!!! issue.

6. dhjapple89 macrumors member

You can do a "false" return. Take your receipt to an Apple store, and tell the you are with the 14-day return period and then they will refund your order and then you repurchase the same items with the included promotion. I happened to me last year, and it worked.

I didn't even have to bring the products back to the store.

7. thomashw macrumors newbie

Like dhjapple89 said, just return it and re-buy it.

8. Bombercoach macrumors newbie

It was purchased with a purchase order not a credit card or cash does that matter?

9. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

Right, but it is more than 14 days now and the date of purchase is on the receipt.

You may be able to return/rebuy it, but you'll have to find the right person, and do it today.

10. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

go to an apple store and try to rebuy. i give you a 50% chance that they help you out. it's worth a try and it would be not illegal nor immoral.

11. Spulture macrumors member

Wow, that really sucks. I was fortunate enough to be in the eligibility period, I got my MPB just a few days before the promotion began.

I called my Apple store and they said that if you purchased a Mac for college, I believe they said that if you purchased it within fourteen days than you are still eligible to receive the iPod touch.

12. obafgkm macrumors member

If it is for work (and "wasn't your money"), how would you even be eligible for the education promotion?

As for the timing of the purchase and the WWDC coming up, I agree :( .

13. Liam8 macrumors 6502

Liam8

This deal happens every year with the exact same amount of money in credit

14. Bombercoach macrumors newbie

I work for a school and it was purchased for the class that I'm teaching. We had to use the money by a certain date so we had to pull the trigger and I would have loved to get two touches for the class to use too, but oh well not the end of the world. I would have rather got the updated Mac Pro since that is what we bought.