Cursed apple buyer wants Iphone? Wait or not?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Deschodt, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Deschodt macrumors newbie

I have a special talent....Everytime I buy a mac product, the new version comes out cheaper, better and a month or 2 later... Done it with a mac book, 5 Ipods, a mac pro, it never fails (and I do read up on rumors) ;-)

So, if you guys want to paypal me $20 each, I'll go buy an Iphone and that guarantees a new 3G Iphone that reads your mind and predicts the stock market will be out in 2 months flat ;-)

Seriously... I've read all the threads and I am impressed that I cannot find one single one where the "nephew of the maid's colleague who works for the sister of an apple engineer" has heard ANYTHING about a release date, or a feature set... So I'm stuck ! and I need 2 phones, one for my wife too...Big $$ to get superseded in 2 months! If I buy now, you know what'll happen ! I have till May till my current contract with T-immobile expires...

Worst case, assuming all I care about is web surfing while the mrs shops, check my email, use video phone and have 200 songs, do I care about an upgrade ? is the EDGE that unbearable right now ? Can you still do video phone well enough ? I'm more into the software features of the Iphone than into the 3G speed (within reason), and the latest upgrade is kinda reassuring, it may mean features that not hardware specific are gonna be backward compatible, maybe...

Anyone on those paypal donations ? ;- )I'll refund them if I get one whole year out of this ;-)

PS: This has worked with my generator ! 4 hurricanes in one summer before I bought one, zero since I bought it...See?

2. rayward macrumors 65816

This isn't just you, it's what Apple does. It's what most technology manufacturers do. Only Windows gets updated so infrequently as to allow the consumers to be certain that they're not going to miss out (because they already are by buying Windows).

Just get the iPhone and enjoy it.

3. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

I'm no expert, but I think we'll see the 16 gig for $399 in a few months. As far as the 3g iphone goes, I probably wouldn't wait. Hey, why don't you buy one of your phones now and then wait a few months for the other?

4. kdawg macrumors regular

kdawg

Just buy. I was going to wait for a 3g iphone and wanted to unlock as I am a t-mobile customer. However after reading up on T-mob's 3g roll out a, a 3g iphone will be incompatible with their 3g network due to the fact that they are using a frequency that no one else will be using. So I got it and unlocked it. LOVE IT.

5. wchong macrumors 6502

woot? where did u hear that t-mo 3g will be incompatible with a 3g iphone?

also, did u get the 5.99 internet plan?

6. Deschodt thread starter macrumors newbie

Can you start the plan with one person and then switch to 2 people/phones without AT&T raping you in the process ?

7. wchong macrumors 6502

you can start the plan with one person, but if you want 2 phones then u'll have to sign the family plan... and u will be raped.

i don't know if AT&T does it, but some companies requires you to sign a new contract everytime you change your plan.

8. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

T-mobile(USA) will be using 1700mhz for 3g and they are the only ones who do
    so chances of apple adding this are slim to none.

9. wchong macrumors 6502

g'dang it. apple should just release information on the upcoming 3G iphone: "the next iPhone will be compatible with all US 3G frequencies, 850, 1700, 1900, 2100"

10. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

This is not even close to being true, from my experiences.

First of all, I'd encourage anyone considering iPhone to open an AT&T account before you buy an iPhone, to get a free or cheap phone, for backup, or to sale and make $$$. Then just plug iphone into iTunes and replace the cheap or free phone. 2 years will restart on that.

Also when you go to add the second line later add a second line with another cheap/free phone, and then convert to family plan. When I did this, my original phone contract date did not change. Also, there is a $10 a month cheaper family plan, if you do it this way rather than getting the second iPhone straight away cause iTunes doesn't let you get the cheapest family plan.