Cursed Myself - MBP Amnesia

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djinn, Jun 22, 2009.

1. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

I've been doing a lot of research and thinking about replacing my MBP (specs in sig) with either a smaller 13.3 MBP or another 15". Only reason to go smaller is for portability. Only reason for the 15" is to keep the power I had in a mobile device; meh.

Anyhow, right when I decided I wasn't going to buy another laptop my MBP decided to come down with Amnesia. My MBP has lost the Bluetooth device and cdrom. I have tried clearing the SMC and PRAM, nothing. So I am copying all my stuff to an external drive will do a reload.

If that doesn't work I can do Applecare. Pretty jacked up eh?

2. buckeye17 macrumors member

You sure you didn't mean to post this on your blog? Or maybe shorten it down and tweet it?

3. djinn thread starter macrumors 68000

djinn

Figured I would vent on the forum. I don't have a blog but it might be a good idea to get one. :mad:

4. buckeye17 macrumors member

Haha I was just messin with ya ;).

5. djinn thread starter macrumors 68000

djinn

So that 13.3" is looking pretty good right about now. :)

6. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

I really love the portability of the 13". I love the size. I love the Alum unibody. But most of all, I love getting new stuff. So, good luck trying to hold off. Sounds like your mind is already made up and you are just trying to get someone to talk you out of it. That won't happen around here.

7. djinn thread starter macrumors 68000

djinn

HAHA.. yeah you figured me out. I'm thinking of getting the 13" lower end model and just doing all the upgrades (RAM and HDD) myself. I can't imagine a big difference between the two 13" models with the CPU. Plus, I would want to stick a 500gig drive in to start with.

8. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

I went from a MBP to a MB originally and I thought that the screen size would be a factor, but it wasn't at all. It's fine to work on and it's just fine for movie watching. I don't do any work that requires a lot of screen real-estate; but I am partial to the larger hard drives. I'd love a 300GB SSD or 500 GB SSD. But back to the size... I've never missed it. Oh, and my husband has no trouble either. I really love how much lighter it is. If the Air was fast, I'd be tempted but it's not so I'm not.

Let us know what you get.

9. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

Just make sure you actually go and see one, use it for at least 30 minutes before you go and spend up. Glad I did.