Cursor and Keyboard no longer respond.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Ubuntu, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Hi there, I made a thread recently but the issue was resolved by a simple time machine backup. However, I've only recently discovered that the issue is still here, as I had to restart my macbook for updates, and now the cursor is at the exact same spot as before (top left corner), and refuses to move. The keyboard does not work. I am running 10.5.6 on a first gen macbook.

If I hold down option while booting, I can use the mouse + keyboard fine, its only when it goes to login that problems occur. It even works fine on Vista.

I have tried external keyboards, etc, to no avail, which suggests that its more of an OS bug, rather than a hardware fault. That and it works fine before login.

Anyone have any possible solutions? I'm considering restoring once more, then manually backing up and doing a clean install.

2. JustGretchen macrumors 6502

I'd try doing a fresh install of leopard and NOT restoring from your backup.

Install the programs you need, and then little by little extract your files from the time machine backup...see if that helps. My gut tells me that you've got something nasty in your TM backup that is causing this if it happened again.