cursor appears after a long pause from login screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hajime, May 22, 2013.

1. hajime, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013

hajime macrumors 68030

Hello, after I open the LCD lid, my rMBP 15" wakes up with the logon screen. However, it takes a long time (about 10 seconds) before the cursor appears for the computer to accept inputs from the keyboard for me to enter the password. Know what is going on? Note: I am using SSD rather than hard drive.

2. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

3. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks for the link but I did not have this problem until few days ago, when my machine started getting hot and draining power faster than usual. Don't know if the issues are related.

4. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

What I would do is monitor the situation. If after 70 min of sleep you constantly experience the same long wake up times (cursor not moving for 10 seconds) I would try extending the standby delay time via Terminal command to 24 hours and see if that resolves the issue.

If it doesn't work, then look at what processes are running that are causing your machine to get hot and draining power. You previously experienced these symptoms, no? And the SMC reset didn't help?

5. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

Sleep is usually less than 60 minutes. Not experienced with these symptoms until few days ago. SMC reset did not help.

6. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

Referring to the previous thread you opened, did you try looking through those links Weaselboy gave you to see if it was a problem with Outlook? If not i would suggest going ahead and extending the Standby delay time in Terminal to see if this particular issue is solved.

A call to Apple support or a visit to the Genius Bar might be more fruitful because you can interact directly with someone instead of posting back and forth.