Cursor disappearing in while using Safari??!!?!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by edcoche, Nov 11, 2007.

1. edcoche macrumors regular

edcoche

Anybody have this happen to them? I'll be browsing the net using Safari and then suddenly the pointer, or cursor will just vanish. When this happens I can still move the "invisible" cursor around--moving the cursor over my tabs or bookmarks bar items will have them respond as they do when I usually mouse-over those items. The pointer will kinda disappear and then reappear and then disappear again. I haven't noticed this happening while doing anything other than using safari. I use a bluetooth mouse- a wireless IntelliMouse Explorer. When I experience the disappearing I will switch to the trackpad and it still vanishes and reappears.

Any suggestions??

2. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Quit and relaunch Safari?

By the way, closing the window ≠ quitting the program.

3. edcoche thread starter macrumors regular

edcoche

Thats what I have been doing, and it works. Has this been known to happen occasionally with Safari? Or with any other applications?

4. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Yeah it happens to me once in a great great while. A restart probably wouldn't hurt.

5. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Happens to me all the time, including right now in Safari 3.1.2 on OS X 10.5.4. This is a longstanding Safari bug, and it happens to me on multiple machines, both PPC and Intel. Quitting Safari and relaunching fixes it for a while, but it's still a bug.

6. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG