Cursor disappearing?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Big Stevie, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Big Stevie macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

In recent days when browsing the internet my cursor has randomly disappeared from my screen completely. I can still highlight icons etc by moving my fingers on the trackpad and guessing where the cursor is. I eventually manage to quit Safari and the cursor reappears.

Anyone know how to fix this please?

2. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

just so you don't feel like you were going crazy - this has been happening to me the last couple of weeks.

Safari 6.2.8 - OSX10.8.5 - MBP Retina, Mid 2012 - the only thing that's changed lately is flash

apart from that my mac has been bomb proof for months/years

3. hamiltonDSi macrumors 68000

hamiltonDSi

4. LCPepper macrumors 6502

LCPepper

I noticed it happening more when there was a Flash video that captured the mouse, and when 'releasing' it, I couldn't see the cursor until bashing a few buttons.

I went to a Flash free system a few weeks ago, and haven't had it happen since.

5. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Every Mac in the house has this issue. To get it back, I have to quickly move the mouse in every direction for it to appear.

6. Mcmeowmers macrumors 6502

I enabled hot corners and set the bottom left one to show the desktop. When ever this issue occurs I've been able to fix it by moving to the bottom left corner and then back.

I know that you can display the desktop with 4 fingers+thumb but I find the hot corner to be more comfortable as it's just a quick flick!