Cursor freezing on beach ball, but mac still working and other issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by daikw, Mar 13, 2014.

1. daikw macrumors newbie

I have a rMBP running 10.9.1 it was fine for the first couple of months but have recently been experiencing the following issues:

1. Frequently when working in any app, the beach ball starts to spin, then despite moving the trackpad, the cursor doesn't move, the keyboard still works to switch apps but the only solution is a hard reset.
    2. Sometimes data suddenly stops coming into safari, I have to restart it and data starts coming through again.
    3. Sometimes no audio comes through on sound cloud, again, I have to refresh the page several times before it works.

Not sure if these issues are connected, but any help would be much appreciated.
    These problems are hard to recreate so i'm not sure how helpful a genius bar appointment would be, in my experience they like to blame things on software.

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Consider upgrading, as many people have reported the beach ball issue ceased for them or drastically reduced.

3. daikw thread starter macrumors newbie

Will try that thank you. Is this a known issue? With 10.9.1?

4. daikw thread starter macrumors newbie

This is still happening a lot in 10.9.2

any ideas?

Also, I notice that safari is not loading webpages suddenly after a few minutes. Only solution is to restart. Only browser that keeps working is tor and iMessage is fine.