Cursor Icon Broke/Corrupt

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by bungiefan89, Apr 5, 2016.

1. bungiefan89, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016

bungiefan89 macrumors 6502a

My mouse icon is broken or corrupted or doesn't look right at all! Screenshots don't capture the cursor, so I took these pictures with my iPod, and I've attached them here.

IMG_2696.JPG IMG_2697.JPG IMG_2698.JPG IMG_2699.JPG
    As you can see, the cursor looks broken apart, and other cursor styles like the pointer or when hovering over text are broken up too, as are many other cursor styles not shown here. When I shake the mouse to make the cursor bigger, it reverts to its normal and unbroken state when enlarged, but goes back to this broken state when it shrinks back down.

The cursor and the mouse still function as expected (and tooltips still function normally), but I want to know how I can fix this. Google searches yielded nothing except a YouTube video that suggested upgrading to OS 10.11.3, which I already have.

I noticed similar problems earlier with using the in-game cursor in Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm, where the cursor would appear horizontally broken apart or sometimes as a tall series of short horizontal lines. I thought the issue was limited to that game alone, but then when I quit out of it an hour ago, I came back to find my main OS cursor was corrupted too.

Any help appreciated!

UPDATE: This problem persists on my 2011 27" iMac, BUT when I move the cursor over to my second monitor, it goes back to normal with no corruption or broken anything. The cursor only looks broken and corrupted on the main iMac screen!

2. bungiefan89 thread starter macrumors 6502a

RESOLVED! [I hope]

After updating my computer from OS 10.11.3 to OS 10.11.4, my cursor is back to its usual self, and all is right in the land inside my computer.