Cursor speed/size settings app?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tmanto02, Apr 17, 2013.

1. tmanto02 macrumors 65816

tmanto02

Hi guys,

I use Switchresx to automatically switch my screen resolution to 2560x1600 when I open Ableton (Music production software), however the cursor then becomes to small and slow for the screen.

Does anybody know of an app that can change cursor speed/size?

TA

2. hakuin macrumors regular

Try using the free app BetterTouchTool

It has an option called "Toggle mouse speed" that can be used to toggle the tracking speed of the cursor (applies to trackpad too) between two settable speeds. You set a keyboard shortcut or trackpad action to apply the change.

Though this won't increase the size of your cursor.

3. Pndrgnsvc macrumors 6502

Pndrgnsvc

CursorSense

CursorSense "is an application that adjusts cursor acceleration and sensitivity. By adjusting both values, you can move the cursor just like you move your hand. All mice and trackpads are supported." http://plentycom.jp/en/cursorsense/

You can have multiple presets. For me, it's been rock solid and works as advertised. Just the thing for large (27") displays or cases such as first described.

But it is not free, it's shareware; costs US $9.99 (though there is a 30 trial period).

Perhaps it's worth a try.

4. tmanto02 thread starter macrumors 65816

tmanto02

Thanks guys ill look into both and get back to you. :)

5. hakuin macrumors regular

I just noticed that BetterTouchTool has a "Toggle between big and normal mouse cursor" action as well as the "Toggle cursor speed" action I mentioned.

More than one action can be assigned to a single keyboard shortcut or trackpad gesture so you can toggle both things in one go.

ps, remember to get back to us

6. tmanto02 thread starter macrumors 65816

tmanto02

BetterTouchToll works perfect for what I'm doing. Thanks for all your help. :)

7. philosopherdog macrumors 6502a

philosopherdog

There's a free one that's amazing. It's called keyremap4macbook . A dumb name because it works on all macs. Actually won't just remap keys but it will speed up the keyboard which is ridiculously slow on a Mac. I set the key repeat initial wait to 200 and the wait to 40. I have it on 4 macs. It's main use is for remapping keys. Really amazing piece of software.

8. philosopherdog macrumors 6502a

philosopherdog

Does bettertouchtool solve the Mac crappy laggy keyboard speed problem? I doubt it. It's a cool app, but to my knowledge it doesn't solve that problem.

----------

Also if you can't stand the mouse lag on OS X, which is totally ridiculous anyway, check out steermouse. Gives you windows-like nimbleness to the mouse. Probably one of the only things I like about windows. Anyhow, I can't work without steermouse and keyremap4macbook for giving both reasonable responsiveness. The keyboard and mouse drivers on the Mac are so California slow and sluggish.

9. F.8848 macrumors newbie

F.8848

/* keyremap4mac works like a charm

/* SteerMouse unfortunately does not support Apple Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad

10. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

You can change cursor size under systempref>accessibility