curved back ipad mini??

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DanceDance, Nov 4, 2012.

1. DanceDance macrumors newbie

Hello, I'm trying again to get some insight;

I bought an ipad mini on release day, needless to say it seemed flawless. After playing with it on my lap and in bed, I went studying. When I layed it flat on my desk, I noticed a little jank whenever I would tap the upper right corner.

My ipad mini seemed to have an uneven back plate when layed down on an even surface. Just like an unstable table at the restaurant.

I went back to futureshop (best buy) and ask them for an exchange. They had only an open box ipad mini 16gb white so I asked them to check it. To my surprise, that ipad too had a bank problem on their counter.. They also had a black 32gb model.. guess what... its back wasnt perfectly flat either..

Do you guys have the same issue? Could it be the camera that makes the back uneven? From the design, there doesnt seem to be a camera ring or anything, it looks like its supposed to be perfectly flat... but its not.

Any one else want to check on that?

Thank you, I have 11 more days to exchange it: don't know if its a flaw or just meant to be like that.

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

3. DanceDance thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

5. wootwootwootlol macrumors newbie

wow

my sniff sniff Ipad sniff sniff.. wont.. lay flat on table..
    oh the humanity..

I am so sorry for your misfortune..

6. Bigrichuk macrumors 6502

They guy was only asking for insight why take the piss?

It seems weird that we come here to ask questions as we are curious if other people are seeing the same things and all we get met with is a sarcastic answer from people that have nothing better to do than post useless answers in forums have you nothing better to do?

And no I haven't seen this in my 32gb black iPad mini but will be getting a white 16gb & 32gb on Monday so will check to see if this is a common problem as I'm sure these forums are designed to help each other :eek:)

7. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

My iPad mini seems to lay perfectly flat. 64GB black.