Curved Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Crafty Droid, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Crafty Droid macrumors newbie

Hello Macrumors,
    Long time lurker!

I just received my 2010 MBP today! 15"! And damn this thing is beautiful!

I jus had one question - my screen seems to be little curved. When I put the screen down and close the laptop, the left and right corners dont sit flush. I can take a sheet of paper and insert it in the corners. The center sits flush though.

Can you guys confirm if this is normal or not? Just take a sheet of paper and try and see if you can insert it in the corners with the screen closed! Thanks a bunch guys!

Time to customize this thing! :apple::apple::apple:

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yeah it's normal. Happens on most of the aluminium Mac laptops I have owned.

3. Crafty Droid thread starter macrumors newbie

4. paintballswimgu macrumors 6502

its somewhat normal. I think it happens more with the glass screens. Being able to fit a piece of paper in between, is hardly anything to worry about though.

5. Optimus Primes macrumors member

Paintball : you have it too?

There are couple more threads I found. Contradicting answers.

6. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Are you saying looking at the MBP from the front, one corner sits flush while the other doesn't? That happened on the non unibody ones. I think its due to the ook keeping it closed, and my brother being rough with it. On the Unibody MBPs, I never seen that issue. On a BRAND NEW computer that costs more than $1000, bring it back, and get a defect free unit.

7. Optimus Primes macrumors member

Yes from front. Both corners aren't completely flush.

8. Optimus Primes macrumors member

9. Rm.237 macrumors 6502

For what it's worth when I briefly had my 15-inch C2D a couple of weeks ago the left side of the screen was noticeably higher than the right side when the screen was down and meant to be flush with the keyboard. It actually wasn't that bad but it is at least worth mentioning. Should be getting my 15-inch i7 later next week and if it were to be the same I wouldn't think it to be an issue.

10. paintballswimgu macrumors 6502

I don't have it on mine, I have the antiglare screen though, so it doesn't have the glass on it. Most of the ones that have this issue are the glass ones i believe

11. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I have a 2010 15" Hi-res glossy. Mine is perfectly flush, no 'curves.'

Which kinda makes me feel left out now...I'm somewhat partial to curves. :)

Kidding aside, I did read on another forum that someone discovered their rubber 'gasket' that runs around the bezel had some uneven sections. He did some pushing/prying and got the lid to sit flush after tinkering with that gasket. Might be worth a closer inspection.

12. Jottle macrumors 6502

The curved screen is not uncommon, but it is technically supposed to sit completely flush on both sides. My current unibody mbp has this issue. The thing is, Apple will replace your screen if you complain, and then you may have a worse screen/dead pixels. I just live with it since it's a very small imperfection. Others can't handle it though. Each to his/her own :)