Custom alerts for mail/SMS - is this possible?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bmac563, Jul 30, 2010.

1. bmac563 macrumors newbie

Hi, I have an iPhone 4, and I'm a bit annoyed with the level of control I have over the different alerts.

I want to be able to separately control sound and vibrate for each type of alert (ringtone, email, SMS, ect.)

Right now, it seems that if I have ringtone volume enabled, enabling alerts for new mail enables both sound and vibrate, and there is no choice to have new mail alerts as vibrate only without silencing the ringtone as well.

I like to hear incoming calls, although I get a lot of mail so it gets annoying hearing the new mail alert every 15 minutes :mad:

It would also be nice to change the vibrate patterns and alert tones for all of the different alerts, and to create profiles for quick changing :)

Can anyone recommend a good jailbreak app that can do this?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

We cant reccoment a JB app since there is no JB for an iphone 4 yet.

3. bmac563 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, I should have made that more clear. I know there is no JB yet for the iPhone 4, but I am still looking for recommendations for when the JB comes out.

4. brdwygurl macrumors regular

Any suggestions for an app that can do this now? Thanks

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Winterboard will do this for you, there are plenty of Sound themes you can download,

If you want to do it yourself, manually here is a nice guide

http://www.hackthatphone.com/4x/custom_audio.html

6. NYRGirardi5 macrumors member

once i download winterboard, where do i find the different sms sounds?

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Same place you got Winterboard, Cydia or manually downloaded place on the right directory.

Cydia have a whole category for Themes and Sounds

Edit: please keep in mind the jailbreak have only been out for a few days, most of the theme haven;t been update for retina display and may not work propertly, make sure to search or see if the developer have a website to see if they have been updated for iP4 & 4.01 FW

8. brdwygurl macrumors regular

Thanks! I'll check out winterboard. Basically I want to be able to control the volume for phone calls vs. apps vs. alerts.

Every time I turn the volume down in a game I forget to turn it back up and miss calls. :eek:

9. jmcclain145 macrumors regular

jmcclain145

There should be a winterboard icon, or you can do it from settings-winterboard.

Theres a couple paid Cydia apps you can buy alos, I use ToneFX and it works great, allows you to use any downloaded (from cydia) sound packages or you can create your own on your computer! Its like 5 bucks I believe but worth it (at least to me)

10. NYRGirardi5 macrumors member

thanks....i feel so lost with all this jailbreak stuff.