Custom App For Camera Roll Videos Airplay

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by newtoiphonesdk, Nov 24, 2010.

1. newtoiphonesdk macrumors 6502a

TUAW posted an article today about using the private API for streaming video over AirPlay which apple does not currently allow for 3rd party developers. AirPlay can only be audio for us right now. In it, the article shows a 1 line code for MPMoviePlayerController that can allow this for any video.
    Code:
    self.movieController = [[[MPMoviePlayerController alloc] initWithContentURL:[NSURL fileURLWithPath:CINDY_PATH]] autorelease];
    [movieController setAllowsWirelessPlayback:YES];
    movieController.view.frame = self.view.bounds;
    [self.view addSubview:movieController.view];
    My question is, how would one go about to write an app that can gain access to the Camera Roll videos, begin playing it, and put in this code to allow for streaming videos shot with the iPhone to the Apple TV2? I know that it can't go in the AppStore, I really just want something I can use personally to instantly put videos up on the screen of my 1 year old son. Any ideas?

2. Evgenyy macrumors regular

That would be cool but better yet, how do we inject that code into every app that uses Video Player? Is that even possible via a jailbreak tweak?

3. BigBadOwl macrumors newbie

As mentioned on the Apple forum, the link for such an application can be found here. http://tinyurl.com/2vewstr

I've tested it on my iPhone 4 and it works a treat.

4. BMJT macrumors regular

That link seems to be down, could you provide another one, or help me find the thread on the apple forums?

Thanks.

5. BigBadOwl macrumors newbie

Sorry, Apple removed my posts for some reason and Dropbox is being funny about the link here is another one http://db.tt/bIQYu1v

Let me know how you get on

6. BMJT macrumors regular

Thanks for the BBO, but i'm not too sure how to approach this, do you have a link to the thread in question? Can you play the camera roll vids on your ATV with this?

Thanks again,

Ben

7. BigBadOwl macrumors newbie

Make sure you have the 4.2.1 SDK installed, you will need a certificate for development, open the project, select device (not simulator), plug in your phone and then build and deploy. Yes, it allows you to take video on your iPhone and then show it on your AppleTV from your Camera roll straight away with Airplay

If you Google (click this link http://www.google.co.uk/search?clie...oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=ilLxTNazJsGwhQeT_YzGDA) you can see the original threads that got removed. There were no instructions in them though.

8. BigBadOwl macrumors newbie

9. BMJT macrumors regular

10. newtoiphonesdk thread starter macrumors 6502a

This app will be submitted to Cydia either tonight or tomorrow. It will allow access to all videos in the photo library, and the ability to watch on device, or push to apple tv2 using airplay. Any suggestions for a name?

11. newtoiphonesdk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sometime in the next day the app Air Home Video should be in Cydia. All 4.2.1 can airplay any movie in photo library to the 2nd Apple TV. In the iPad it will show Saved Photos instead of Camera Roll.