Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
So I did receive my Carbon Fiber Apple stickers from Grafixpressions today! The quality seems very nice and I really like the look. Once my bumper gets in I think my iP4 will be complete. :)

Installation was a little harder than I expected it to be. The vinyl seemed to want to stick to the application sticker rather than the iPhone's glass. I had to use a small business card to sort of seperate the vinyl from the sticker and down onto the glass. I think it came out great though!

Note: My camera is trash, I know. First picture is with the iP4 though :)

Looks great dude! So does the decal come straight of the paper or does it have a plastic that separates once you laid it down onto the phone?

Can't wait to get mine I will be sure to post pics as soon as I get them. Thanks for the pics:)

GeneticFreak84

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
So I did receive my Carbon Fiber Apple stickers from Grafixpressions today! The quality seems very nice and I really like the look. Once my bumper gets in I think my iP4 will be complete. :)

Installation was a little harder than I expected it to be. The vinyl seemed to want to stick to the application sticker rather than the iPhone's glass. I had to use a small business card to sort of seperate the vinyl from the sticker and down onto the glass. I think it came out great though!

That's pretty cool. Is it the same exact size as the Apple logo on the phone or is it slightly bigger/smaller?

Moshe1010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010

IS this the silver carbon fiber?

Kevio

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
Looks great dude! So does the decal come straight of the paper or does it have a plastic that separates once you laid it down onto the phone?

Can't wait to get mine I will be sure to post pics as soon as I get them. Thanks for the pics:)

You peel a clear plastic sticker from the paper and the vinyls adhesive side becomes exposed. Then you apply the vinyl stick to your iPhone and peel the clear plastic off and it just leaves the vinyl behind.

That's pretty cool. Is it the same exact size as the Apple logo on the phone or is it slightly bigger/smaller?

It is pretty exact. I honestly think it's exact size if you line it up properly. Very good quality.

IS this the silver carbon fiber?

It's just the regular Carbon Fiber.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
You peel a clear plastic sticker from the paper and the vinyls adhesive side becomes exposed. Then you apply the vinyl stick to your iPhone and peel the clear plastic off and it just leaves the vinyl behind.

It is pretty exact. I honestly think it's exact size if you line it up properly. Very good quality.

It's just the regular Carbon Fiber.

Thanks for the info.

UniPro

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2009
Orange County, CA
Good God, I really need to stop reading these forums. I seem to find something new to buy everyday. LOL.

I ordered the Midnight Blue to match my dark blue Lucky Labs band decal. Should look very nice.

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
Good God, I really need to stop reading these forums. I seem to find something new to buy everyday. LOL.

I ordered the Midnight Blue to match my dark blue Lucky Labs band decal. Should look very nice.

im glad im not the only one who finds new stuff to buy on here all the time!:D

GeneticFreak84

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
Can these be applied ontop of a Gelaskin? I ordered a white back Gelaskin with the Apple logo on it but I'd like to put a chrome Apple logo over it... :confused:

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
Can these be applied ontop of a Gelaskin? I ordered a white back Gelaskin with the Apple logo on it but I'd like to put a chrome Apple logo over it... :confused:

I think that will be ok if it bonds to the back of the iphone then a skin should be fine.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
Thanks Frenchjay. I can't wait to receive my white Gelaskin and apply this to it to make my official "homemade" WHITE Apple iPhone 4 :p

No problem looking forward to seeing the pics :)

I got a red luckylabs, carbon fiber back skin and im waiting for my red apple logo stickers :D

its gonna look like iphone's evil twin haha!!:p

ldkaplan

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2002
N. Georgia
I ordered some lucky label decals for the side of my phone. We got white, silver and purple. The white and silver came with apple decals. Not sure if it was something new they were trying.

I think they were three for ten bucks.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
I ordered some lucky label decals for the side of my phone. We got white, silver and purple. The white and silver came with apple decals. Not sure if it was something new they were trying.

I think they were three for ten bucks.

Cool so you got apple logo decals too with your order?

Can you post some pics please?

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
I ordered the chrome ones yesterday. How long did it take for you to receive them? I'll post pics as soon as I receive and apply them :)

Ordered on Monday but I'm in the uk so I'm not expecting until maybe tomorrow or next week!! :) I will post pics as soon as I get them though;)

Kevio

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
Just a little update for you guys still waiting on your stickers. After a couple days of use, the Carbon Fiber Apple sticker is holding up pretty well....with one exception. I was switching bumper cases earlier today and must have rubbed the sticker with my fingers which caused the apple stem part of the logo to shift position. Because of the stem part of the sticker being so small, I guess it doesn't stick extremely well to the glass.

I was able to simply move it back into place and apply pressure until I thought it was back to normal. I don't know how much longer it will stand up to daily use though. That's the only issue I've had with mine. Using a green bumper case by the way.

blue rocket

Suspended
Jul 28, 2010
CT, USA
Where have that company spammed this forum? I have only mentioned them in this thread and outside of that i have not seen anything else mentioned about them.

This kind of stuff happens all the time and is very frustrating. I work for GrafiXpressions.com and am the ONLY person in the company that posts anything product related on any online forum, any post by anyone other than "blue rocket" is a customer of ours who is most likely pleased with the product we offer.

What happens is people like macattack who work or know someone in a competing company (most likely a company that snagged our idea) love to enter threads about competitor products and claim their own products are better than someone else's.

You'll notice that I did not start this thread, so it's a happy customer who is trying to share information about a product he purchased, if you consider that spamming -- you'll need a serious lesson about how the internet and forums work.

Anyway, just wanted to clear that up, and let you know that we are a popular decal company that strives to create imaginative, creative and unique designs to suit a lot of different people's tastes, hopefully you guys think so as well!

I noticed one post saying that the apple stem came loose, if you ever have any problems with any of our products, PLEASE, feel free to email us and we'll be sure to help you out in any way possible -- we stand behind out product 100%.

thanks for listening!

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
This kind of stuff happens all the time and is very frustrating. I work for GrafiXpressions.com and am the ONLY person in the company that posts anything product related on any online forum, any post by anyone other than "blue rocket" is a customer of ours who is most likely pleased with the product we offer.

What happens is people like macattack who work or know someone in a competing company (most likely a company that snagged our idea) love to enter threads about competitor products and claim their own products are better than someone else's.

You'll notice that I did not start this thread, so it's a happy customer who is trying to share information about a product he purchased, if you consider that spamming -- you'll need a serious lesson about how the internet and forums work.

Anyway, just wanted to clear that up, and let you know that we are a popular decal company that strives to create imaginative, creative and unique designs to suit a lot of different people's tastes, hopefully you guys think so as well!

I noticed one post saying that the apple stem came loose, if you ever have any problems with any of our products, PLEASE, feel free to email us and we'll be sure to help you out in any way possible -- we stand behind out product 100%.

thanks for listening!

Thankyou for your clarification on the matter. I started this thread because I found your site and liked the custom apple logo's and the colours that were available.

There is not much else on the net apart from one seller on etsy who had the stickers in the iPhone apple logo size.

I'm just waiting for mine in the mail I ordered on Monday so I'm hoping they will arrive sometime next week!! :)

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
Got my apple stickers today in the mail :)

They have to be peeled away from the clear plastic backing and stuck onto the phone. The smaller piece of the apple had to be taken off and placed on using tweezers.

Pictures!!

6CGmtl.jpg

oU7Sa.jpg

5GqAQ.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.