Custom Boot Logo

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by j3ts83, Aug 2, 2010.

1. j3ts83 macrumors newbie

Let me start off by saying, I love the new jailbreak and appreciate all the hard work that Comex and company have put in. Not begging for more or being unappreciative, I did donate after jailbreaking my iPhone.

I was just curious if there was a way to add a custom boot logo like the previous jailbreaks? Maybe someone came out with an app to do so? thanks!

2. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

system/library/coreservices/springboard.app

I believe that's where you'll find the .png files for the boot logo. You should be able to switch them out there.

I have not tried this but just happened to see these files while browsing...

3. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

I think that worked with things that ahck the bootloader, like pwngae tool.
    This is a userland JB so idk if they can.

Listen to him, I forgot all the files were accessible after jailbreak. Its been awhile.

4. bushibia macrumors member

You can't change the boot logo with a userland jailbreak, since the exploit used is in the OS, which runs after the bootrom/boot logo already runs. So to answer the question, no custom boot logos, atleast until/if they release a bootrom/lower level exploit.

5. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Nevermind I may be right?
    I would just do some digging. And remember. Leave SSH on and always keeep a backup of what you edit.

6. j3ts83 thread starter macrumors newbie

k, thanks for all the help!