Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
jsw said:
PDF is here.
BootPanelKK4.jpg

good gosh!!! hotness!!!

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
virividox said:
i dont have apple developer kit installed :( crap and i dont have my cds with me

i want to change the text that default says Mac Os x oh well need to wait till i get my cds!!!
Can't get the tools from here?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
jackieonasses said:
Normally, I am not to fond of boot panels, and i am not obsessed with Kiera. Although i think she is gorgeous. That boot panel wants me to be become obsessed with her AND want to change my boot panel!

kyle

nice work js-dub
Now I'm going to be rebooting hourly.... ;)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
virividox said:
yeah i could get them if i had my panther cds with me, but i left them at home :(
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but if you join ADC (free), then you can go to that link and download the tools. Isn't that all you need to do? Or are you running Jaguar?

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
This is why windows crashes so much...so people can see their modded boot up screen!

All makes sense now, Bill just wanted to see pics of Kiera all the time! :p

thecow

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2003
Timonium MD
Here's one that I did. I wasted WAY too much time on this.
bootpanel.pdf

Does anyone have the old font that Apple used on the classic boot panel? The one that I used doesn't look right. It seams too thin. Maybe it's just me. The O definitely isn't right though.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
This may be a stupid question, but is it possible to embed an animated GIF into a PDF file? I would think I could do it, but don't have the apps with me on this machine so can't test it.

But it could lead to a BootPanel with an animated GIF. Hmmm. I'll have to try to find this out when I can.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
emw said:
This may be a stupid question, but is it possible to embed an animated GIF into a PDF file? I would think I could do it, but don't have the apps with me on this machine so can't test it.

But it could lead to a BootPanel with an animated GIF. Hmmm. I'll have to try to find this out when I can.
I've never seen one - but that doesn't mean it can't be done. However, I think the whole PDF concept revolves around something which is printable - which would rule out animated images. So my guess: can't be done. Hope I'm wrong.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
jsw said:
I've never seen one - but that doesn't mean it can't be done. However, I think the whole PDF concept revolves around something which is printable - which would rule out animated images. So my guess: can't be done. Hope I'm wrong.
PDFs can store movies, audio, etc. I would think it could hold an animated GIF. I just need to get to a point I can test it. I'll let you all know, hopefully today.

damgpro

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2004
nyc
Vida Guerra BootPanel

Here's a bootpanel I made, I also use it as my login screen.
BootPanel- vida guerra.pdf

Download PDF

I had a question too, after a lot of attempts at setting up a Login Screen, I finally figured out that it only works when the Login Options are set as: Display Login Window as Name and Password, not List of Users. Is it possible to change the screen for the List of Users option?

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Funny thing...

I tell you what, it's not too obvious that most of us here are blokes is it...how sterortypical and pathetic are we? :eek:

:rolleyes: meh...:D

evoluzione

macrumors 68020
heh, i can't believe it's taken you lot so long to figure all this out...not to gloat or anything, but i was changing my boot panels at least 2 years ago...

you know you can also change all the text that is displayed during startup, like "starting network services" etc, and you can have it say anything you like. great for practical jokes :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.