Custom calling controls

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by toitoo, Aug 26, 2009.

1. toitoo macrumors newbie

Hi ,
    I want to configure the callings controls which appear after dialing phone number from default view to something like this view.

if this is not possible then at least the controls buttons like "add call" , "mute" etc can set to hide or disable by my applications.

Is this possible through iphone API

Regards

Tauheed yar khan

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You cannot alter the phone app at all in any way.

3. toitoo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply ... but how skype application for iphone is able to show a different set of calling controls like in this link

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

That is in a skype call: not in a normal/real phone call.

Edit to add: and is all their own, 100% custom interface. It's nothing to do with the built in phone app.

5. toitoo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks robbieduncan ,
    So that means when we make call through [NSURL initWithString:mad:"tel://800-455-5555"] we can prevent the default iphone calling screen to appear and replace it with our own custom screen.. right ?

If it is possible then how it can be done ?

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

No it means nothing like that at all. It seems to me you are intentionally misunderstanding what I said. The screenshot you posted is of Skype running. It's not the phone app. It's nothing to do with a tel:// URL. It is a Skype call made over the data network using the proprietary Skype protocol. It is not a phone call.

You cannot prevent the normal, expected, call screen appearing. You cannot alter it. You cannot provide your own. There are no exceptions. There are no work arounds. End of story.

7. toitoo thread starter macrumors newbie

Great help robbieduncan .. you clarified my confusion