Custom CD folder

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by P-Worm, Jul 19, 2008.

1. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I've been searching for a while now for a product that should exist, but I can't find it. So in desperation I turn to the Macrumors community (where else?).

I am in a budding funk band and we are about to make some press kits to give to local bars so we can arrange a few gigs. I was thinking of getting some kind of cardboard folder that has a slot on one side to hold a demo CD. Then I want to print information about the band along with full color photos in all the blank space.

I thought something like this would be really easy to find, but I guess I don't know what something like this is called. Does anyone here know of a business that will make something like this?

P-Worm

2. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

Paperboard (Cardboard) CD sleeves?
    Sometimes called CD mailers

Look for a printshop in your area that does club card and such.
    they will print them they are around $300 for 500 for 4 color process...
    or about $1.50 each if you do digital and under 500 of them

also lots of online places have them just google it in your area

3. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

You could also try cd hubs that are basically buttons with dtape on the back. You can print out your own sleeve and slap the hub where you want the disk to go. We buy them in cases by the thousands, but I think you could find them at most office supply and stationery stores.

4. P-Worm thread starter macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Hmm, it looks like the CD hubs might work, but I have a question. Are the hubs thick? How far will the CD stick out from the surface it is attached to?

P-Worm

5. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

Check out Sleevetown.com. They have CD sleeves for about 30 cents each that might suit your needs.