Custom Email Stationary with Apple Mail 2.1.3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dal123, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Dal123 macrumors 6502a

Dal123

Does anyone know if it is possible to create stationary with apple mail 2.1.3. I have performed a google search and it seems that any tutorial I view there is an option
    save as stationary.
    I do not have that option, I was hoping to create a html file and use that, if possible I would like that as the automatically new email every time as it will have:
    Company logo at top, with contact details and relevant info:
    Dear sir or madam,
    The King :p.

2. MKSinSA macrumors regular

MKSinSA

Here's a tutorial you can use with just an image editor and TextEdit. You're just working with HTML.

3. Dal123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dal123

Thanks for the link, but I tried that before I posted; I don't have the apple folder in application support. :confused:

4. MKSinSA macrumors regular

MKSinSA

Ahhhh

Couple of ideas here:

1. (Best IMHO) upgrade your Mail program to 3.6 - it is free after all. Then your files will have the most current configuration.

2. Open up Finder and double check that you are looking in the MacBook Pro Library and not your user library. If you do have an Apple folder back at that point, then you're in business.

Good luck! :cool:

5. Dal123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dal123

Thanks Mksinsta, good advice. I've checked and I'm pretty sure I'm looking through they system library, went through the hard-drive, I also performed a spotlight search.
    I checked on apple's site and went through email downloads and I can't find how to download a new updated apple mail; there's lot's of add-ons :confused:/ Seems like a silly question I know.

6. MKSinSA macrumors regular

MKSinSA

Didn't occur to me

To link the Mail version with that of the OS. You're still on OS 9, aren't you? Thought you were one of those holdouts who backgraded to Mail 2.x when Leopard came out. DOH! {{{smacks head}}}

About.com has an interesting article on working around that non-template issue using Drafts. Let's hope that does what you need 'cause that's as good as it gets short of buying some and that means they're pre-packaged which sort of kills your whole intent, doesn't it?

Cheers, friend! HTH :cool:

7. Dal123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dal123

Thanks for input people ;). I'm using mac os x 10.4.11 The only thing with creating the template is that when you copy/ paste an image in your email it turns into an attachment and does not display with your email.
    Is there a way like in this tutorial http://thegraphicmac.com/how-create-customized-osx-mail-stationery-leopard to create your own html mail so the logo will be displayed in the email?:)