Resolved Custom Firmware for Power Button

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AshGSmith, Apr 23, 2011.

1. AshGSmith, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011

AshGSmith macrumors member

hey guys, this is my first post on the forum but have using the site as a non-member for a while and have been following on twitter for quite a while too!

Anyway, lets get down to it. I've got a 3GS jailbroken on untethered redsnow iOS 4.3.1, but my power button is on the brink of failing. I seem to remember some type of custom firmware which allowed you to lock your screen without the use of the power button, but I can't find it :(

If anyone could shed some light on this I'd really appreciate it! The power button isn't completely broke just yet, but I just want to stop using it before it breaks completely!

Thanks in advance :)

2. hockeyhammer macrumors regular

On Cydia download an extension called activator. Using activator you can program different gestures, buttons or button combinations to do all kinds of different things, including lock/unlock your device. There are also a lot of other cool things you can do with if you just explore and mess around.

3. AshGSmith thread starter macrumors member

Brilliant, thank you, it worked a treat :) Might have a look at what else I can use the software for :)