Custom Games on WC3

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by HasBeen, Jul 9, 2009.

1. HasBeen macrumors newbie

I have been noticing when i join about 2 or 3 custom games. such as watching melee battles or ladder play just in a custom game. it was pop up with a errior after trying to join another saying one of the ports in order to enter this game is being used with another application. i try exiting battlenet and restarting the game over but once i exit battle net it goes to the games main menu and then freezes up. i am confused as to why it is doing this. Many times to get it unfrozen i have to restart my computer. If anyone has any ideas as to why it is doing this id love the help.

Thanks, John

2. imassents macrumors 6502

The port in use problem is common among the Mac Warcraft community. There is no fix just yet. You can only quit Warcraft and relaunch it to remove it. Leading onto your next problem...

Freezing on closing Warcraft is another common issue among the Mac community. Instead of restarting your Mac, press Command-Option-Escape to force-quit Warcraft. This crash tends to occur with custom maps that use a fair few triggers (such as DotA). By force quitting Warcraft, your remaining programs will not be affected.

3. Zortrium macrumors 6502

On my machine, Warcraft 3 always crashes when I try to quit it, UNLESS I give it at least 5 seconds or so on the main menu screen before hitting the quit button. If I give it a bit of time first, it usually exits without crashing.

4. HasBeen thread starter macrumors newbie

alright thanks for letting me know about the command opition esc. i hated having to restart like that. that makes me feel better that i am not the only one in this boat.