Custom Keyboard Setting Keep Resetting

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by egexperiment626, Dec 1, 2016.

1. egexperiment626 macrumors newbie

I got a new MCB (not a 2016 model) a few weeks ago and one of the first things I do with a new computer is disable the caps lock key. And the setting works great, until I shut the machine off. When I boot it up the next morning, the caps lock key has reset to default. This resets every time I restart the machine.

Anyone know how to stop it from resetting?

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

What method are you using to disable the capslock key?

3. vinsalducci macrumors member

I've noticed this. I disable CAPS LOCK as a matter of course, and it keeps turning itself back on.

Not a big deal by any means, I just don't care for CAPS LOCK.

4. egexperiment626 thread starter macrumors newbie

I change it in the modifier keys under keyboard in system preferences. It's a system option, I've done it on all my other Macs, this one just won't stay turned off.

Not the end of the world, just super annoying because I'm so used to it being turned off I have to pay attention to not hit it.

5. egexperiment626 thread starter macrumors newbie

It looks like I got it to stick. I went and changed all the modifier keys to something random and rebooted. They all stayed changed. Returned the keys to their correct setting and left caps lock as no action, did a reboot and it stayed. I've restarted my computer at least 4 times since then and the setting has still stayed.

6. iphoneuserinyyz macrumors member

I tried this and it did not help me. Has the setting remained properly set on your computer?

7. egexperiment626 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, it has stayed after many reboots.